28 January 2007

absence makes the heart grow fonder

I haven't picked up the needles in a week and besides, why should I? I have nothing on those needles, or any other needles at this time. I am done (except for a couple almost finished projects from early 2006...) with everything I set out to accomplish by the end of last week. I will post a pic of the brown sweater when I can convince Mr Fireman to take a good photo for me. Considering that I have seen him for less than 6 waking hours this week, it will not be anytime soon! Our schedules are a bit crazy now.

I started nursing school last monday Jan 22. It is clearly evident that my commute time will not be filled with knitting but rather flash cards for pharmacology and some book learnin'. I know I don't sound excited, but I am....it's just overshadowed by the overwhelming amount of work that I have to do, every single day. Sad to say but I don't know how much you all will hear from me over the next few months. I will do my best to pop in and comment and if I ever get to pick up the needles again I will share my joy with you all. I am counting down the 7 weeks to spring break, when I am positive I will be able to cast on a pair of socks. Seven weeks is not that far away right?

Hope your lives are full of knitting and fun and no pathophysiology notes or tests!

Love and hugs. me

2 comments:

redhotknitter said...

Sounds tough right now. I think it will get better though. Its hard to get used to studying again and using other parts of your brain but I know you will do well. Good luck. I have to post on my armwarmers and more bowls. And huge knitting problem. HUGE in the literal sense.

LisaW. said...

Best of luck to you. Nursing school IS a lot harder and more grueling than most people realize. Just take it one day at a time, one exam at a time...you'll get through it. And don't forget to knit...even one to two rows a day for stress reduction is mandatory! (I got through my MS in nursing by knitting during the lectures!) Hang in there!