06 May 2007

New house and sprained thumb

We are moved! I love our house. The location is great. I've managed to unpack our bedroom, the living room, and kitchen. Things have been going swimmingly until yesterday. I was in my car at work. I reached across to grab a stack of decorating books with my right hand and when I picked it up, I heard a loud pop and felt something go awry in my right hand. I ignored it and went to work as usual. Within two hours my fingers were numb and my hand was swollen and throbbing. After a visit to ZoomCare and a set of x-rays, it was determined that I had sprained my thumb joint and damaged the soft tissues in my hand. I'm allowed to do nothing with my right hand for at least a week and maybe longer. No unpacking, no knitting, no holding books. Work is going to suck! Mind you, I'm not in terrible pain unless I try to twist my wrist or use my thumb! Okay, typing one-handed sucks. And no matter how well I can use my left hand, there are certain things that I just can't left handed. I'll leave that up to your imagination.

3 comments:

yarnchica said...

ruh roh...that doesn't sound like any fun. I will be channeling positive left hand thoughts your way. Glad to hear you got most of the moving done before the damage to your hand! Send pics sometimes when you aren't in pain or unable to lift things!

Quail Hill Knits said...

Congratulations on your new house but sorry for the sprained thumb. Take it easy on the joint so it heals correctly. Remember you can always unpack after it heals.

Quail Hill Knits said...

How is the house coming along?