17 April 2007

Stephanie making socks

I just finished watching the Knitty Gritty episode with yarn superstar, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee! It was fabulous. Even though I've knitted a few pairs of socks, I feel like I'm going to have great understanding of the construction and make the process even faster. She was her dry, witty self and I loved it. Yes, Lorie. I saved the episode. How you will watch it, I don't know. But it's here waiting for you.

On another note, Cat Bordhi was on another episode and she has reinvented sock making. I can't wait to get her new book and learn how to do this. It looks totally cool and may turn sock-making on its head! And it still works on two circulars, my way.

I haven't been knitting much. House buying, painting, cleaning, and moving soon have sucked up all of my energy. I have been reading a ton and watching some mindless movies. I loved "This Film is Not Yet Rated". It was a great look at the MPAA rating system and how it isn't fair. I also, to my surprise, like "Stick It". Its a movie about a gymnast who has retired early and her forced return. I thought, more teen schlock. I was surprised. It was actually funny and heart-warming.

Okay, off to clean more windows.

No comments: